"The Room" is a 2003 film directed, written, and starring Tommy Wiseau. It also stars Juliette Danielle and Greg Sestero. The shooting lasted six months, from 2002 to 2003.
Plot Summary Edit
The film is about Johnny (Tommy Wiseau), who is a successful banker, who lives with his fiance Lisa (Juliette Danielle). Lisa decides she doesn't love Johnny anymore, so she gets into a relationship with his best friend Mark (Greg Sestero). They do this behind Johnny's back, but he soon finds out.
- Tommy Wiseau originally wrote it as a play, then a 500 page book, but soon it became a film.
- Greg Sestero said in his book, "The Disaster Aritst" that it took Wiseau 32 times to say the line "Its not true! I did not hit her! Its Bullshit! I did not. Oh hi Mark!".
- After writing the first sex scene, Wiseau decided he should add another one. But Danielle was uncomfortable, so the second one was just unused shots from the first one.
- A lot of the lines were dubbed in, due to Wiseau forgetting his lines.
- Sestero's character, Mark, was named after Matt Damon, Wiseau's favorite actor. Although he is obsessed with Damon, he misheard his name as Mark.